I've been teaching this course for about 7 years in the person in pubs in Portland Oregon. With Covid19 concerns, and the formation of my business, I've decided to offer it online in 2021!
Do you want to learn how to knit socks? Have you tried before and struggled with completing your second sock? Guess, what? Me too! Now, I only make my socks 2 at a time! Is sock making easy? NO!!! But I can help you enjoy the process! I'm the type of knitter that finds the *smart* way to do everything! I hate counting, I appreciate charts, I love a good *recipe* rather than a pattern! If this sounds like you (OR your mom/bestfriend/brother) this may be the perfect class to get you rolling on a new, productive hobby, Sock knitting!
The two at a time, toe up sock knitting method helps reduce stress by allowing you to make progress on both socks at the same time! It reduces the need to count and to remember to make the same adjustment twice ( often weeks between socks). They may feel like they take a little longer, but they are also both done when they are done!
This course is ideal for those who are advanced beginners. You should be comfortable knitting with a smaller needle ( size 2-4) in the round. If you've successfully made a tube ( hat, mitts, socks, or circular scarves) you are likely ready for this class. If not, I will provide some resources for prerequisite skills to work on prior to the start of the class. For the best success in making socks, I recommend the knitter be comfortable with and able to:
- Knit in the round (small circumference)
- Increase (KfB or M1L/ M1R)
- Decrease (Knit 2 together, Purl 2 together)
Here is what the course includes:
- Instruction time, pattern, and additional email support/ video chat with me
- 10 Hours of group instruction- 5 Sessions - 2 hour each
- 1 -30 minute one-on-one trouble shooting session via zoom
- Weekly emails where I provide support on the most common challenges.
- Sock Recipe that allows you to customize your sock to your foot.
- Class meets Every other Saturday 9am-11am PST- via Zoom (Choose the session during purchase)
- 1st class - Measurements, Set up, and Cast on, Toe increases
- 2nd class -Work session to support foot knitting and make sure everyone is successful!
- 3rd class - Gussets and heel prep
- 4th class - Heels & Legs
- 5th class - Bind off & wrap up
- Pattern Details:
- Socks are worked toe to cuff
- Both socks are knit a the same time on a single circular needle
- Seamless cast on
- Ribbed Main foot/leg ankle pattern
- Faux flap heel
- Stretchy cast off
The First Photo is the sock recipe knit in a self striping yarn. The other photos are a mix of my personal collection of socks.